Provision  

A lot has been going on the last several months. Every summer Harvest ships 2 containers (a container is basically the trailer of a semi) from South Carolina with help from Men for Missions. I have been doing a ton of work to get things ordered and on the container. It is quite a process to coordinate getting supplies & equipment to the container within a window of about a week and a half! (Some things have to be ordered months in advance, but timed to arrive during the "window".)

In addition to the container stuff, the Uniform Store (which I manage) had to be completely packed up and stored in another location. A crew of people came and helped me pack everything up and get it moved. (We're talking thousands of shirts, shorts, skirts, pants, etc.!) The next day the Maintenance crew knocked down a wall and began remodeling. They redid the ceiling, repainted everything, installed new carpet, cleaned the air cons. It looks wonderful now! I'm very excited about doubling our floor space and having room for the customers to move around! And we now have a WINDOW! It was such a depressing, dreary place before. Unfortunately, I didn't take any "before" pictures & I don't think anyone else did either. I'll try to post some "after" picts when we get it finished!

So, now that it's remodeled, I have to get everything put back together! I couldn't see how in the world I can get everything done before school starts! I have to keep reminding myself that God is in control and take it one day at a time! (I think I'm a slow learner!) God provided - Christina has graciously volunteered to help me out. I did some of the layout of what goes where & she's been stocking the shelves for me. I've felt a little guilty about not helping very much, but I've had last minute loose ends to tie up before the container ships next week. And I've been out sick on top of that! (Not a good time to be sick, I feel like I am wasting so much precious time! But again, I remind myself that God knows what I need to do and how much time I have to do it!)

So, the moral of this story - stop stressing and worrying about everything you need to get done! All my tasks looked huge and insurmountable at the beginning, but God has worked everything out His way and in His timing. Ways I hadn't even imagined.

0 comments

Post a Comment