stuff  

New pictures of Aayla are posted on my brother's website. Follow the link on the right-hand side of the page. She's a cutie! (BTW, Mike & Kris- you need to post MORE pictures! Or we need to webcam soon!)

Work has been busy. School starts in 1 1/2 weeks. More things came in yesterday on the container, so we were busy putting school supplies on the shelves and everything that goes with that. Many hands made light work & we got a lot accomplished yesterday & today! I have a great staff working for me! Unfortunately, we don't have the new stock for our uniforms yet. There have been some holdups and they're not here! Please pray about that! We are completely out of stock on a lot of things! (It's a really, really long story. Don't ask! The short version - the vendor promised them to us a week and a half ago, but they're still not here!)

Staff inservice started today. My former boss, Bobby Wood and his dad will be here doing sessions. Looking forward to seeing both of them again! (To the rest of the fam - have fun with Grandma Flash!)

41 days until I go see Aayla (and the rest of my family)! I booked my ticket to South Carolina last weekend. I'm going to spend a few days in Greenville with Heather, then we are flying back to Iowa together. I was having a very hard time finding the same flight she had booked awhile ago. (I wasn't able to book at the same time as her.) That meant we were going to fly to Memphis separately (planes leaving 5 minutes apart) or she could try to get standby on my flight. I called her to check on a couple other details and her flight had been changed to the only one I saw available! We were able to book seats with each other on all our flights! Hooray!

I'm a total geek! I love technology. Heather tells me she's not sure if I would be able to survive without a computer, pda or phone. Probably not. Over the weekend I did something pretty cool. I hooked up a cordless (bluetooth) headset to my computer and called Heather's cell phone from my computer (which was wireless as well)! It was weird to think that this little piece of plastic and electronics was able to hook up to my computer, which dialed a phone in the States! What would Alexander Graham Bell think!?

0 comments

Post a Comment