Finding wifi  

I found Nemo when I was on Guam. Now I'm finding wifi.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday who recently acquired a laptop with a wireless card. She has been doing a lot of traveling lately and was trying to find free internet access at coffee shops, etc. This post will hopefully help her and others!

Wi-Fi Free Spot you can view by city/state or by type (companies, hotels, airports. RV parks, etc.)
Jiwire (free and paid)

Many public libraries offer wireless.

Downtown Greenville, SC
has free wireless as well.

If you have AT&T as your internet service provider, you can use basic AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot locations for free. Many Barnes & Noble Bookstores, McDonald's and Starbucks are included. Hint - use the drop down menu below the map to filter for Basic (only). I haven't tested this yet. Last time I tried was right after the Bell South/AT&T merger and it wasn't available for SC subscribers. It appears that it should be now.

If you register a Starbucks card you will have access to 2 free hours of internet access per day. Not only that, but free beverage customization, brewed coffee refills, and a beverage with a whole bean purchase!

1 comments

  • Kimberly  
    7:54 AM

    Hey Jenni! Thanks for your comment! Welcome to Greenville! :) You'll have to check out the food yardsale - it's this Saturday at 9 Am at the Sav-Mor on Wade lHampton. . . . I have some more posts about it on my blog (look under the category Money-Savers) - great to "meet" you! )

    Kim @ www.kimzkitchen.wordpress.com

Post a Comment